DATES, PRICES AND TICKETS
Dates & Times –
In 2018 you can make a great start to the festive season with a visit to Santa aboard a steam train. This year, Santa Steam Trains will run on:
Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd December
Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th December
Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th December
Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23 December
Departure times from Bo’ness Station are 10.30, 12.00, 13.30 and 15.00
Fares and booking details for 2018 is to be confirmed and more information will be posted here in due course.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY?
During the seven mile round journey to Birkhill, Santa will meet all the children and give each one a gift. During your visit, adults will receive complimentary seasonal refreshments. So combine the nostalgia of steam with a treat for the children to make a really great day out!
Download a sample Passenger Information leaflet here.
- Journey time approximately one hour (NB The train will be stationary for part of the journey)
- Santa visits each child with a gift
- Complimentary refreshments for adults at Bo’ness Station
What’s more there is …
- Free parking
- Reserved seats
- Wheelchair-friendly coach (please let us know in advance to book)
- Gift shop
- Station Buffet available for meals and refreshments
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING for Santa Steam Trains 2017
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF BOOKING for Santa Steam Trains 2017
1. Tickets for Santa Steam Trains 2017 are booked via Quaytickets, please see their website here for further details and their Terms and Conditions.
2. Tickets CANNOT be booked in person at our North Street Office or via Bo’ness Station.
3. All seats are fully reserved and must be paid in advance.
4. Your ticket is valid for the date, departure time and coach noted on it.
5. Discount vouchers, complimentary tickets, season tickets, annual membership cards & vouchers and other discount passes are not valid for Santa Steam Trains.
6. Ticket price includes a return journey from Bo’ness Station to Birkhill Station.
7. Tickets will be sent up to 28 days prior to your visit.
8. Seats are not allocated to infants (under 2).
9.If you have a special requirement, specifically, one of the party uses a wheelchair (the train includes a specially adapted coach which can accommodate up to 4 wheelchair passengers) or you have a party of more than 16 persons please call the Box Office on 0333 3200 750.
10. Whilst every effort will be made to run the services advertised, the SRPS (operators of the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway) reserve the right to alter train services without notice.
11. Please allow plenty of time to reach Bo’ness and, if appropriate, sufficient time to park your car/mini-bus/coach and make your way to the platform to board the train.
12. Trains will not be held beyond their scheduled departure time.
13. To allow time for each child to meet Santa, trains will be stationary for part of the journey.
14. The SRPS reserve the right to refuse access to, or remove from the train and stations any persons who are considered to be using inappropriate behaviour or language affecting the safety of the train and/or its passengers or spoiling the enjoyment of others or failing to comply with any reasonable request made by a member of train or station staff.
15. If you have any issues during your journey then please bring them to attention of a member of staff so there is an opportunity to rectify the situation.
16. Your personal details may be retained by SRPS for administration and/or marketing purposes.
17. All proceeds from Santa Steam Train tickets will be used for the development of the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and Museum of Scottish Railways at Bo’ness.
18. Your booking is taken as acceptance of the above conditions.
“This hidden gem is only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh. The staff are really friendly and looked after us as we boarded a beautiful steam train, we saw heritage diesels too. The sights, smells and sounds really took us back in time. After a browse around the excellent Museum of Scottish Railways and a bite to eat in the Station Buffet we all agreed we would recommend it to everyone and we would definitely be back.”
Mr P Gray, Falkirk
Free event – Scottish Railways during WWI Ta..
On 2nd August at 18.30 in the Station Buffet at Bo...Read more
1950s Event Saturday 1 September 2018 – 2nd year..
Following the huge success of our first 1950s even...Read more
SRPS “Steaming Ahead” project – ..
Our planned development project, Steaming Ahead is...Read more
01 September 2018
Steam and heritage DMU trains, music, dancing, dance demos, stalls and vintage cars. Everyone, from 1950s revival fans to fam...View more
DAY OUT WITH THOMAS
08 September 2018
Engines with friendly faces, children's entertainment, competitions, face painting, fairground attractions. ...View more
The Scottish Railway Preservation Society
Operators of Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and Museum of Scottish Railways
Scottish Charity No. SC002375