We’re hiring – Are you our next Office Administrator?
Post: Office Administrator – SRPS
Purpose: To provide administrative support in the SRPS office
Reporting to: Business Development Director
Salary: £16-20k depending on experience
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday based on a 35 hour week
Location: 17-19 North Street, Bo’ness
- Answer telephone, email, post and in person enquiries as required with the highest standard of customer service
- Responsible for and handling all sales enquiries and advance bookings
- Assist with the co-ordination of group bookings and special events
- Provide basic accounts assistance
- Carry out general administrative tasks as required
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks that the job holder is able to perform
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in a customer-focused environment
- Demonstrable level of ICT knowledge, including Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise projects
- Well organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Good inter-personal skills
- Flexible with a common-sense approach
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of accounts and Sage
- Experience of working with volunteers
Closing date for this position is Friday 12th July 2019 with interviews to be held on Wednesday 24th July 2019. Applications should include a CV and covering letter with your reasons for applying.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Amanda Kilburn, Scottish Railway Preservation Society, 17-19 North Street, Bo’ness, West Lothian, EH51 0AQ
“This hidden gem is only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh. The staff are really friendly and looked after us as we boarded a beautiful steam train, we saw heritage diesels too. The sights, smells and sounds really took us back in time. After a browse around the excellent Museum of Scottish Railways and a bite to eat in the Station Buffet we all agreed we would recommend it to everyone and we would definitely be back.”
Mr P Gray, Falkirk
Bo’ness Footbridge – Update August 201..
In order to maintain the footbridge at Bo’ness, ...Read more
Summer Steam Up 2019 – 17th & 18th Augu..
During our ‘Summer Steam Up’, new for 2019, pa...Read more
1940s/50s Event Saturday 31 August 2019..
Following the huge success of our previous 1950s e...Read more
The Scottish Railway Preservation Society
Operators of Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and Museum of Scottish Railways
Scottish Charity No. SC002375