TERMS & CONDITIONS
Whilst every effort is made to run to the published timetable, SRPS reserves the right to vary it and to use steam or diesel power without notice.
SRPS accepts no liability for any loss, inconvenience or delay thereby caused.
Terms & Conditions
Standard (See also ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF BOOKING for Santa Steam Trains below)
1.Your ticket is only valid for the date and departure time you have booked.
2. Please bring your email print out, or be able to show it on a mobile device.
3. Unfortunately we can only make transfers or offer refunds if we are unable to run your booked train service.
4. Whilst every effort is made to run the services as advertised, the SRPS, operators of the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway, reserves the right to alter train services without notice.
5. Please arrive at least 20 minutes before your train to allow enough time for boarding.
6. Trains will not be held beyond their scheduled departure times and tickets cannot be refunded if you miss your train.
7. The SRPS reserves the right to refuse access to, or remove from the train and stations, any persons who are considered to be using inappropriate behaviour affecting the safety of the train and its passengers, spoiling the enjoyment of others or failing to comply with any reasonable requests made by a member of the train or station staff.
8. Check FAQs at the bottom of the booking screen for up to date information on your visit.
9. It is important everyone follows current government guidance to protect themselves and others so please click here for the latest update.
10. We are participating in NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect measures to help ensure the health and safety of all visitors and staff. As part of this, we will be recording the name and contact details of visitors making an online booking. This information shall be used to enable NHS Scotland to contact you should you have been at one of our sites at the same time as someone who has tested positive for coronavirus.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF BOOKING for Santa Steam Trains 2021
a) Please read the information on our website here or your exclusive mailing list email before making your booking as some details of our “usual” Santa Steam Train experience have been changed and we do not want any disappointment on the day.
b) Discount vouchers, complimentary tickets, season tickets, annual membership cards & vouchers and other discount passes are not valid for Santa Steam Trains.
c) There are no carers or group discounts available for these trains.
d) The ticket price includes a return journey from Bo’ness Station to Birkhill Station.
e) Seats are not allocated to infants under 18 months.
f) Tickets CANNOT be booked in person at our North Street Office or via Bo’ness Station.
g) All seats are fully reserved and must be paid in advance.
h) You MUST set a password and create an account at time of booking if you wish to amend the date and time of your train.
i) Train dates and times cannot be changed within 7 days of the date of travel and are subject to availability and a £5 admin charge.
j) Any other changes such as to passenger numbers per booking are at the discretion of the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and will be subject to availability and a £5 admin charge.
k) If you have any issues during your journey then please bring them to the attention of a member of staff so there is an opportunity to rectify the situation.
“This hidden gem is only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh. The staff are really friendly and looked after us as we boarded a beautiful steam train, we saw heritage diesels too. The sights, smells and sounds really took us back in time. After a browse around the excellent Museum of Scottish Railways and a bite to eat in the Station Buffet we all agreed we would recommend it to everyone and we would definitely be back.”
Mr P Gray, Falkirk
Winter Diesel Running Day – 29th December..
Are you looking for something to do between Christ...Read more
Black Bun Specials return this Hogmanay!..
Our famous Black Bun Specials return to th...Read more
Buy your SRPS 2022 Calendar now..
At only £10, this calendar features 13 evocative ...Read more
WINTER DIESEL RUNNING DAY
29 December 2021
Relive the sights, sounds and smells of the Swinging Sixties at our Winter Diesel Running Day. ...View more
BLACK BUN SPECIALS
30 December 2021
Complimentary traditional Scottish Hogmanay Black Bun and a hot drink whilst travelling aboard our nostalgic steam railway, j...View more
The Scottish Railway Preservation Society
Operators of Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and Museum of Scottish Railways
Scottish Charity No. SC002375