TERMS & CONDITIONS
Whilst every effort is made to run to the published timetable, SRPS reserves the right to vary it and to use steam or diesel power without notice.
SRPS accepts no liability for any loss, inconvenience or delay thereby caused.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF BOOKING for Santa Steam Trains 2018
1. Tickets CANNOT be booked in person at our North Street Office or via Bo’ness Station.
2. All seats are fully reserved and must be paid in advance.
3. Your ticket is valid for the date, departure time and coach noted on it.
4. Discount vouchers, complimentary tickets, season tickets, annual membership cards & vouchers and other discount passes are not valid for Santa Steam Trains.
5. The ticket price includes a return journey from Bo’ness Station to Birkhill Station.
6. Allow 28 days from date of booking for receipt of tickets.
7. Seats are not allocated to infants under 18 months.
8. If you have a special requirement, specifically if one of the party uses a wheelchair (the train includes a specially adapted coach which can accommodate up to 4 wheelchair passengers) or you have a party of more than 16 persons, please call 01506 530383.
9. Whilst every effort will be made to run the services advertised, the SRPS (operators of the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway) reserves the right to alter train services without notice.
10. Please allow plenty of time to reach Bo’ness and, if appropriate, sufficient time to park your car/mini-bus/coach and make your way to the platform to board the train.
11. Trains will not be held beyond their scheduled departure time.
12. A full refund will be given only if the train service is unable to run.
13. Bookings can be changed subject to availability but we reserve the right to apply an administrative charge of £5 for any changes made after the tickets have been issued.
14. To allow time for each child to meet Santa, trains will be stationary for part of the journey.
15. The SRPS reserve the right to refuse access to, or remove from the train and stations, any persons who are considered to be using inappropriate behaviour or language affecting the safety of the train and/or its passengers or spoiling the enjoyment of others or failing to comply with any reasonable request made by a member of train or station staff.
16. If you have any issues during your journey then please bring them to the attention of a member of staff so there is an opportunity to rectify the situation.
17. All proceeds from Santa Steam Train tickets will be used for the development of the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and the Museum of Scottish Railways at Bo’ness.
18. SRPS Railtours is a trading subsidiary of SRPS.
19. Your booking is taken as acceptance of the above conditions.
Please see our Santa Steam Train website page for more general information about the event.
“This hidden gem is only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh. The staff are really friendly and looked after us as we boarded a beautiful steam train, we saw heritage diesels too. The sights, smells and sounds really took us back in time. After a browse around the excellent Museum of Scottish Railways and a bite to eat in the Station Buffet we all agreed we would recommend it to everyone and we would definitely be back.”
Mr P Gray, Falkirk
Hydrogen Train Project – great news for Bo..
Back in December, a retired ScotRail Class 314 ele...Read more
Landslip Repairs Now Underway..
It is really great to report that the landslip rep...Read more
Postponement of Opening in 2020 – 01/12/2020..
Further to our announcement earlier in the year, w...Read more
The Scottish Railway Preservation Society
Operators of Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway and Museum of Scottish Railways
Scottish Charity No. SC002375