DATES, PRICES AND TICKETS
Dates & times
In 2017 you can make a great start to the festive season with a visit to Santa aboard a steam train. This year, Santa Steam Trains will run on:
Saturday 26th November and 2nd, 9th & 16th December
Sunday 27th November and 3rd, 10th & 17th December
Price 2017 – to be confirmed
Please note no concessions or group booking discounts are available.
Pre-booking is essential and online booking will be available here later in the year. Tickets CANNOT be booked in person at our North Street Office or Bo’ness Station.
If you have a special requirement, specifically, one of the party uses a wheelchair or you have a party of more than 16 persons please call our Santa Information Line on 01506 824356.
Tesco vouchers, complimentary tickets, annual membership cards and vouchers and other discount passes are not valid for Santa Steam Trains.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE DAY?
During the seven mile round journey to Birkhill, Santa will meet all the children and give each one a gift. During your visit, adults will receive complimentary seasonal refreshments. So combine the nostalgia of steam with a treat for the children to make a really great day out!
- Journey time approximately one hour (NB The train will be stationary for part of the journey)
- Santa visits each child with a gift
- Complimentary refreshments for adults at Bo’ness Station
What’s more there is …
- No booking fee
- Free parking
- Reserved seats
- Wheelchair-friendly coach (please let us know in advance to book)
- Gift shop
- Station Buffet available for meals and refreshments
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
When will I receive my tickets?
Tickets will be sent four weeks prior to your trip.
Can I pay with Tesco Vouchers?
Tesco vouchers, complimentary tickets, annual membership cards and vouchers and other discount passes are not valid on Santa Steam Trains.
Will our seats be reserved on the train?
Yes. All adults and children aged two years and over have reserved seats. Seats are not allocated to children two years and under but they still receive a present from Santa.
Does our ticket price include our train fare?
Yes, it does.
How long does the journey last?
The journey to Birkhill and back takes about one hour.Please note that the train will be stationary for part of the journey to allow Santa time to meet all young passengers.
Do you have facilities for disabled visitors?
Bo’ness Station has dedicated disabled parking, an access ramp for wheelchairs and toilets for the disabled All trains are equipped with ramps for easy wheelchair access. When making your booking, please advise if assistance will be required for passengers with mobility difficulties. The train includes a specially adapted coach which can carry up to 4 passengers in wheelchairs.
What if I want to change or cancel my booking or I miss my train?
An administrative charge of £5 will apply to any changes made to the booking after tickets have been issued. All trains will be fully booked, so you should aim to arrive at Bo’ness at least 15 minutes before your train is due to depart. Your ticket is only valid for the date and departure time that is printed on it. We regret that trains cannot be held beyond their scheduled departure times. A full refund will be given only if the train service is unable to run.
Whilst every effort is made to run the services as advertised, the SRPS reserves the right to alter train services without notice.
Can I bring my dog? We regret that dogs (except guide /assistance dogs) are not permitted at this event.
What else can we do?
- Visit our gift shop at Bo’ness Station
- Treat yourself to a meal in the Station Buffet
- Visit our Museum of Scottish Railways – see below
- Take the time to explore Bo’ness’ historic buildings and unique shops
Is the Museum of Scottish Railways open?
Yes, subject to weather conditions, the Museum of Scottish Railways will be open 11am until 3pm (last admission 2.30pm)
How do we get to you?
The Bo’ness and Kinneil Railway is about 40 minutes drive from Edinburgh and Glasgow. See map here.
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING for Santa Steam Trains 2016
- All seats are fully reserved and must be paid for in advance.
- Your ticket is only valid for the date, departure time and coach printed on it.
- Special offers and promotions, including Tesco vouchers, are not valid unless otherwise stated.
- Ticket price includes the return journey.
- There is no additional booking fee for cheque and debit card payments. An additional fee of £3 is payable for bookings paid by credit card.
- Tickets will be sent four weeks prior to your trip.
- Seats are not allocated to children under 2 years of age.
- When making a booking for Santa Steam Trains, please advise if assistance will be required for passengers with mobility difficulties. The train includes a specially adapted coach which can carry up to 4 passengers in wheelchairs.
- Whilst every effort is made to run the services as advertised, the SRPS reserves the right to alter train services without notice.
- Please allow plenty of time to reach Bo’ness and, if appropriate, sufficient time to park your car, and make your way to the platform to join the train.
- Trains will not be held beyond their scheduled departure times.
- To allow time for each child to meet Santa, please note that the train will be stationary for part of the journey.
- A full refund will be given if the train service is unable to run.
- The SRPS reserves the right to refuse access to, or remove from the train and stations, any persons who are considered to be using inappropriate behaviour affecting the safety of the train and its passengers, spoiling the enjoyment of others or failing to comply with any reasonable requests made by a member of the train or station staff.
- If you have any issues during your journey please bring them to the attention of a member of staff so that there is an opportunity to rectify the situation.
- Your personal details may be recorded in computer systems operated by the SRPS and SRPS Railtours for administration and marketing purposes.
- All proceeds from Santa Steam Trains will be used for the development of the Museum of Scottish Railways at Bo’ness.
- Your booking is taken as constituting acceptance of these conditions.
Customer Cancellation or Alteration to a Booking
- An administrative charge of £5 may be applied to any changes made to the booking after the tickets have been issued.
- For cancellations received five or more days prior to the date of the booked train refunds will be given. To cover any non-recoverable charges or costs SRPS reserves the right to reduce the value of these refunds by up to the greater of £5 or 10% of the sum paid.
- No refund will be given for cancellations received less than five days prior date of the booked train or for failure to board the train.
“This hidden gem is only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh. The staff are really friendly and looked after us as we boarded a beautiful steam train, we saw heritage diesels too. The sights, smells and sounds really took us back in time. After a browse around the excellent Museum of Scottish Railways and a bite to eat in the Station Buffet we all agreed we would recommend it to everyone and we would definitely be back.”
Mr P Gray, Falkirk
Our Youth Group Needs You!..
Our Youth Group Needs You! On the second Sunday o...Read more
Films Focus on Bo’ness and Falkirk..
Together with our partners at VisitFalkirk we rece...Read more
8F Open Day at The Bo’ness & Kinneil Railwa..
In just over two years the Scottish Railway Preser...Read more