DAY OUT WITH THOMAS™
Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends™ and Day Out With Thomas™ © 2013 Gullane (Thomas) Ltd
DATES, PRICES AND TICKETS
We hope all our visitors had as much fun as we did and we hope to see you all again in 2014.
Please watch this space for information about our Day Out With Thomas™ events in 2014.
Please see our events page for information about our other great events.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE TICKET PRICE?
- A return journey on a steam train to Birkhill Station
- Fairground rides at Bo’ness & Birkhill
- Entertainers in undercover marquee and Museum at Bo’ness & Birkhill, magic and puppetry guaranteed to get the whole family laughing
- Locos to play on and activities in our undercover Museum of Scottish Railways
- Sir Topham Hatt keeping his engines in order, help him give Thomas his drink of water
- Watch out for the Troublesome Trucks rushing past you!
- Miniature railway rides, face painting, Punch & Judy, a roundabout and competition with prizes
- The Imagination Station – Thomas & Friends DVD screenings, colouring pages and table-top toys
- Climb on board Percy and Thomas and meet their drivers – don’t forget your camera!
- Day Out With Thomas Certificate & sticker for all children to remember their wonderful day with us
- Thomas and Friends make a special appearance on our Model Railway
- There’s plenty of free car parking both at Bo’ness Station and in the surrounding streets, but please make sure you arrive at least 20 minutes before your train is due to leave
Download a sample event programme to see what you will enjoy here soon
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
Thomas likes to sit in the platform rather than pulling your train as he thinks more of you can see his footplate then. He has asked one of his best friends to do the job of pulling your train to Birkhill. He’ll toot you when you pass.
Can I bring my dog? We regret that dogs (except Guide Dogs) are not permitted at this event.
Do I have to book in advance?
It is advisable to pre-book your tickets as this event does get very busy. You can now book your tickets online here www.dayoutwiththomas.co.uk/boness.
Under 2s are free but will not be entitled to a seat, please be aware that every seat in your coach could be sold out so we appreciate your co-operation with this.
I’ve pre-booked, when will I get my tickets?
The Fat Controller has asked us to let you know that if you have booked tickets for his Day Out With Thomas event in September and are waiting for your tickets they will be with you at least 2 days before the event.
His friends who look after tickets have asked him to tell you that tickets are sent out in batches close to the date of the event which means that if you book early it may be some time before you receive them. However tickets should always reach you at least 7 days before the event unless they are being collected from the railway. Where tickets are booked within 14 days of an event and are being posted, tickets should reach you at least 2 days before an event.
What else can we do?
- Visit our gift shop at Bo’ness Station
- Enjoy a picnic at our dedicated picnic areas
- Treat yourself to a meal in the Station Buffet – can get quite busy so please bear with us!
- Take the time to explore Bo’ness’ historic buildings and unique shops
How do we get to you?
We are about 40 minutes drive from Edinburgh and Glasgow. See map here.
Do you have facilities for disabled visitors?
There is good disabled access to the station, the Station Buffet, the entertainment and the trains, and plenty of dedicated disabled parking. Disabled spaces are reserved at both stations, and Bo’ness Station has a disabled toilet. All trains are equipped with ramps for easy wheelchair access. Wheelchair users should book tickets in Coach F and then call us on 01506 825855 so we can reserve space for them and their party in our specially adapted coach.
Is Thomas at your railway all the time?
We are open for much of the year (see here for our Prices & Timetables) and run a steam and diesel service. However we are pleased to say that 2013 dates for Day Out With Thomas are Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th May, Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th August and Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd September. At other times Thomas can be found being a really useful engine at other railways. You can find out where by visiting http://www.thomasandfriends.com/uk for games, videos, news and information about Thomas and his friends.
Exact details of entertainment subject to availability and change.
FEEDBACK SURVEY - WIN THOMAS AND FRIENDS GOODIES!
Your feedback is important to us…
In order for us to continue to improve our Day Out With Thomas™ events, we would be grateful if you could take a few moments to complete our Really Useful Day Out With Thomas™ Survey 2013 and be entered into a prize draw to win up to £100 worth of Thomas & Friends goodies.
To enter, please log on to http://www.dayoutwiththomas.co.uk/survey
“This hidden gem is only 40 minutes drive from Glasgow and Edinburgh. The staff are really friendly and looked after us as we boarded a beautiful steam train, we saw heritage diesels too. The sights, smells and sounds really took us back in time. After a browse around the excellent Museum of Scottish Railways and a bite to eat in the Station Buffet we all agreed we would recommend it to everyone and we would definitely be back.”
Mr P Gray, Falkirk
Vote for SRPS Youth Group this Christmas..
Please vote for our SRPS Youth Group in this year'...Read more
Black Bun Hogmanay Trains 2013..
Join hundreds of visitors at the end of December (...Read more
Winter Diesel Gala News – UPDATED..
We are looking forward to our two day Winter Diese...Read more